Every girl is probably dreaming about the day she gets to play the role of a bridesmaid at her close friend’s wedding. In a survey, women responded that it is one of the certainties of life – to be a bridesmaid. While it could be the most awaited and enriching experience, shopping for bridesmaid dresses in Australia might be stressful, especially to suit traditional weddings in Australia. It’s not as easy as one might believe; there are many aspects to choose from, including silhouettes, necklines, lengths, and fabrics. There are so many different variations available. There will be individual preferences for each bridesmaid in a wedding, making it overwhelming.
But before getting into the specifics of the dresses and the available options, one must be aware of the responsibilities of being a bridesmaid, especially in Australia, and what it truly means. There will always be a set of expectations from the bride when she chooses her bridesmaids because the ones she chooses are her most trustworthy, loved and true female friends.
A few tricks to be the perfect bridesmaid, perhaps the best bridesmaid the whole of Australia has ever seen:
- They should provide constant emotional support to the bride throughout the preparations for the wedding.
- They should help the maid of honour arrange and pay for the bachelorette party and bridal shower. And, of course, aid the maid of honour on the wedding day.
- They should participate in all pre-wedding activities, for example, the bachelorette party, shopping, etc.
- They should run essential errands during the wedding planning process, pre-ceremony activities, and even on the wedding day, if necessary.
- They should assist with decorating for any occasion, including wedding showers, receptions, church services, and ceremonies.
- They should assist the bride on the wedding day with her preparations, including double-checking her hair, fixing her veil, and ensuring that she hasn’t forgotten any accessories.
- They should coordinate any communications on the wedding day with vendors, visitors, etc.
- They should take care of the wedding guests and ensure everyone is comfortable and enjoying the day.
- They should keep track of the gifts received at the bridal shower so the bride can thank everyone properly. They should arrange and store them in a secure location.
The best bridesmaid does not just shine through accomplishing her responsibilities that come with it, but also on how she adorns herself on the wedding day. It is usually a collective decision since there are several bridesmaids in a wedding, so choosing the materials would be the first and the easiest of all the decisions to follow, which include choosing necklines, lengths, silhouettes, etc.
Best materials to consider for bridesmaid dresses in Australia:
- Chiffon: A soft fabric that is delicate, sheer, and transparent. It is the most widely used material for bridesmaid attire in Australia. And because of its transparency, it is frequently layered.
- Tulle: Due to its delicate, ethereal, and romantic appearance, some people feel it is the ideal material for bridesmaid dresses in Australia. Tulle also looks stunning when used with other materials, such as lace patterns.
- Satin: Satin has an impeccable shine. The bridesmaids’ satin dress will be elegant. Additionally, the satin has a little gloss that makes it slightly reflective. It is therefore ideal for formal or evening weddings and the most preferred material among Sydney bridesmaids of 2020, a fun survey says.
- Sequins: They are colourful discs sewn into the fabric to add shine and texture. These dresses have a sophisticated, romantic, and of course, incredibly stunning appearance thanks to their high quality, thickly sequined fabric and semi-stretch lining.
- Velvet: It is a luxurious heavyweight fabric with a cut pile texture woven from either silk, velvet, or rayon, giving elegance and a plush feel.
It might be a dream come true for most women, so perhaps it is time to shine and enjoy the most beautiful memory for one’s closest friend!