The PlayStation Store allows you to request refunds if you decide you wanted a refund on a purchase or if you’ve found charges on your account that you didn’t make. PS Network might allow you to get a refund for the type of content you wish to reclaim.
You will get a refund for a particular type of content, depending on the details of your refund request. It is possible to get a rebate from most publishers for content that has not been downloaded or streamed within 14 days of purchase. In case you don’t know where to begin when it comes to requesting a refund, there’s a PS4 chat support bot available to assist. Simply follow the steps below.
Getting a refund from the PlayStation Store on PS4
The PlayStation Store allows you to get a refund when you make a purchase. Sony’s refund system is more straightforward than Sony’s Switch refund policy, but there are limits in place in order to stop the abuse.
In the following paragraphs, we will focus more on the details of how a refund actually works; however, it is essential to note that any refund received will go into your PSN Wallet, not the original bank account used for purchase.
· Game & DLC refunds
The good news is that you have 14 days to apply for a refund for games, DLC, themes, avatars, and season passes. How do you do it? Unless the content is damaged in some way (i.e., buggy and unplayable), you’re not eligible for a refund if you’ve started to download or stream it.
You may want to turn off the automatic download feature on your PlayStation so that no game is downloaded without your permission, as this will invalidate any refund chances. The Sony website provides a refund request form for games, DLC, themes, avatars, and season passes that were bought accidentally.
· Purchases in advance
Can I purchase an upcoming game? If you have pre-ordered content, you can get a refund, but the conditions will vary depending on when you pre-ordered. No questions asked. A refund can be requested at any point until the content releases if you pre-ordered it more than 14 days ahead. It’s possible to request a refund up to 14 days after the date of purchase for those who pre-ordered fewer than 14 days before release.
In this case, too, the rules apply; if you pre-downloaded the content, then Sony likely won’t honor your refund request. You can fill out a refund request form on the Sony website if you are eligible for a refund on a recent pre-order.
· A subscription
There are a few more steps involved in refunding your subscription on the PlayStation Store than for other types of refunds. There is a 14-day refund policy, but you’ll receive a refund according to usage, depending on how much you used the service.
Playing online, downloading monthly games, using cloud storage, etc., will reduce the amount of the PlayStation Plus refund. Don’t assume that you’ll keep the 14 days once the trial has expired. It’s important to remember that free trials are included in the 14 days.
Refund request: What are the steps?
- Click on the drop-down option for “refund request” under “PlayStation Network & Account.”
- Complete the contact form with all the necessary information. The details include your PSN ID, email address, DOB, and the name of the purchase you made in the document.
PlayStation users can also ask for the refund query by clicking on the ‘Start Chat’ button rather than contacting the PlayStation support staff. You may also contact SonyIndia.firstname.lastname@example.org by sending an email with the details listed above.
Please keep in mind that refunds for pre-ordered content can only be made to the account that was used to purchase the range; any rest of the rebates will show up in the PSN wallet.
How to refund a game on PS4 using chat support?
- You can contact PS4’s refund support by clicking the “Chat” button on its website.
- Select “New refund request” from the chat window that appears.
- You can now complete your refund request.
- Answer question one by checking “Yes, I am” to confirm you were the individual whose account was charged for the purchase. The account owner can only request refunds for purchases.
- The second question will ask you to select the payment method you used. Click on the payment method you chose.
- To verify ownership of the payment method used, click “Yes, I am” for question three. As with question 1, the only person who can request a refund of purchase if the payment method belongs to another person is that person.
- Select the option that relates to your refund request most closely in answer to question four.
- You should click “Yes” whenever possible if you have already downloaded the content you wish to receive a refund. However, if you have not downloaded said content, you should click “No.”
- Click “Yes” to submit a refund request if you request it for the first time with your PlayStation Network account. Answer question 6.5 by clicking on the option that closely resembles why you asked for a refund in the past. If you weren’t sure, click “Unsure.” If you answered “No,” click the option which corresponds to the reason for your previous request for a refund.
- You have seven days from the day you first made the purchase. You can fill out this question by typing in the number of days since the purchase, then clicking the blue arrow to the right of the screen.
- If you wish to speak with a live agent about processing the refund, click “Next.” If you do not want to proceed with the refund, click “Nevermind.” Live assistance will help you through the rest of the refund process, including answering any questions that you may have regarding your eligibility for a refund.