Keloids and paining shoulder are problems that can happen to anyone. In this blog post, we will separately look at the causes of pain in shoulder and keloids, followed by tips on treatment.
Why Do People Suffer Shoulder Ache?
Shoulders are a joints in our body that move the most.
Shoulder pain can be described as any sort of pain that’s in or around the shoulder. Swelling, any injurious damages, or bone changes can result in aching shoulder. The reasons for pain in shoudlers are more than just two or three. Patients can have shoulder ache for different reasons.
Pain in the shoulder can be caused by things such as:
- When someone has arthritis disease in the joint of their shoulder.
- Due to experiencing bone spurs in shoulder area.
- When a shoulder bone accidentally gets broken.
- Dislocation of shoulder due to wrong movement or jerks.
- Shoulder separation
These are some of the very common causes of shoulder ache. Another cause is Bursitis. In case of Bursitis, the inflammation of a fluid-filled sac whose purpose is to provide fluidity to the shoulder in smooth mpovement.
However, there also exist other reasons for this pain which are as follows:
- Tearing of the rotator cuff tendons.
- Human error – which means a wrong shoulder posture.
- An internal injury due to excessive use or repetitive use.
- Spinal cord injury while playing, moving up and down stairs or having a wrong posture.
Ways to Diagnose Pain of Shoulder
For any doctor to find the cause of pain, they will ask questions surrounding medical history and will physically examine the patient.
To know better, a doctor may ask questions like:
- Did the pain suddenly start? And what were you doing at that moment?
- Where exactly are you feeling pain?
- Is the pain sharp or a dull ache?
And other such questions can be asked to get to the root of the pain cause.
Treatment Options Available for Shoulder Ache
The treatment depends very much on the cause and severity of the pain.
You can go for physical therapy, a sling or surgery.
It’s likely your doctor will prescribe anti-inflammatory medications that can be ingested by mouth or the doctor will inject it into your shoulder area.
Here are some tips on making shoulder aching better:
- Put ice on shoulder area for 15 minutes. Do it 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days.
- Give your shoulder rest for few days.
- Slowly start doing your regular activities.
Why Do People Get Keloids?
When a person’s skin is injured, fibrous tissues called a scar tissue forms on top of the wound for protection. Sometimes, the scar tissue grows, and becomes hard – it’s called keloid.
Here are the causes:
- Piercing of ears
- Acne scars
How to Treat Keloids?
Keloid treatment is possible. Here are a few ways.
- Use an organic medicated cream that brings relief from keloid-related pain, irritation, bumps, and scars.
- Home treatment with moisturizing oils.
- Go through a keloid surgery. The cryosurgery is the most effective type of surgery for keloids.