Do you realize that an average of 11 new users join social media every minute? It’s safe for us to say that social media has become an integral element of daily life for people from all over the globe. Due to the massive number of digital users in the last few years, it’s now more crucial than ever to maintain an active presence on social media. One of the most effective methods to better understand the strategy you employ for your social networks is to pay close attention to annual social media usage statistics. Let’s see the statistics in more detail.
How Many People Use Social Media?
More than 4.5 billion people today are online frequently, and more than 3.8 billion are using some other social network. How do you filter through the 3.8 billion users to find your ideal audience? Looking at every social media site is a great way to determine the best place to concentrate your efforts.
Facebook is the most used platform, reaching around 60% of Internet users. This impressive reach offers numerous opportunities to promote your brands, such as Facebook Pages and Facebook Advertising. The platform can be used for B2C and B2B and provides a range of advertising formats, targeting options, and measurement options that cater to nearly every marketing strategy. Check out the following statistics for 2020 and 2021:
- 2.89 billion active monthly users. (Statistica)
- The majority of marketing professionals utilize Facebook for their brand marketing initiatives. (Sprout Social)
- The majority of advertisers make use of Facebook advertising. (Emarketer)
- 77% of customers say that they prefer buying from a brand they like on their social media rather than one they don’t. (Sprout Social)
- More than 200 million small-scale businesses globally make use of Facebook Pages. (Oberlo)
- 65percent of Facebook users are below 35 years old. (Statistica)
- 98.3 percent (of active) Facebook users have accessed the social media site using mobile devices. (Statistica)
- The time that users spend on Facebook every month is 19.5 hours. (Oberlo)
- Business decision-makers spend 74 percent more time using Facebook than other users. (Medium)
Instagram is perhaps the most popular platform thanks to its frequent updates and constant flow of constantly updated features. In 2019 alone, Instagram was testing the new layout of its display for IGTV along with Instagram Stories and a “like hiding” feature in the U.S., and the “Reels” feature which is like TikTok. With its constant emphasis on staying current with evolving times, it’s not surprising that Instagram has seen significant growth in engagement and user numbers. Look at the following graph:
- Over 1 billion active monthly users – a 42.86 percent increase over 2017, when it was 700 million. (Statistica)
- 90percent of Instagram users use businesses through the social media platform. (Instagram)
- The typical post on Instagram includes 10.7 hashtags. (Oberlo)
- Seventy-one percent of users are active younger than 35. (Statistica)
- More than 500 million users make use of Instagram stories every single day. (Sprout Social)
- An average engagement rate of 1.22 percent across all sectors. (Sprout Social)
- 78% of Instagram users believe that Instagram posts are the best format for marketing by influencers. (Marketing Charts)
- Seventy-one percent of U.S. companies utilize Instagram. (Oberlo)
Twitter is proud to be the place to discover, emphasizing the latest developments and happenings NOW. In reality, the average tweet has an average lifespan of 18-24 minutes. This means that tweets get most of their interaction within the first 30 minutes of posting. Twitter is also among the top tools for customer care. Many companies will tell their customers to contact them to ask questions or raise concerns. A typical response is one 24-hours; Twitter offers a variety of opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with your company. What else can Twitter offer?
- One hundred forty-five million active users daily. (Twitter)
- 500 million tweets per day, with 6,000 tweets being each second. (David Sayce)
- The most significant portion of Twitter’s users is American, with 20 percent. (Statistica)
- Users are two-thirds more likely to see advertisements via the site than any other platform of its kind. (Hootsuite)
- 77% of users on Twitter are more optimistic about a brand when their tweets have been replied to. (Brand Watch)
- Brands post an average of 0.86 tweets every day, and they have an average engagement rate of 0.048 percent. (Sprout Social)
- 38% of 18-29-year-olds in the U.S. use Twitter. (Statistica)
- 12percent of Americans consume their news via Twitter. (Journalism)
- Tweets that use hashtags get an increase of engagement by 100. (Sendible)
LinkedIn was initially an employment platform, but it quickly transformed into a professional networking site that users learn about themselves. This means that LinkedIn is the most effective option that can be used for the marketing of content, particularly for B2B businesses. LinkedIn provides specific opportunities for targeting your audience, such as the job title and industry-leading lead generation being more effective than any other platform. 62% of users believe that LinkedIn generates between 1-2 times the prospects over the second social media channel. See more stats below:
- The service currently has 700 million active users. (Linkedin)
- Thirty million businesses are on LinkedIn. (Hootsuite)
- About 45% of marketers have attracted customers via the platform. (Sprout Social)
- 65percent of B2B businesses have employed LinkedIn’s paid advertisements to gain customers. (Neil Patel)
- Ninety-five percent of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn to conduct natural advertising on content. ( Content Marketing Institute)
- Sixty-one percent of users are between 25 and 34. (Statistica)
- 57% of traffic comes through mobile devices. (Tech Jury)
- Thirty percent of a company’s activity on LinkedIn is derived from its employees. (Linkedin)
- 4 out of five users on Linkedin are the key decision-makers. ( Influencer Marketing Hub)
Although LinkedIn is the most popular B2B social network, Pinterest’s strengths are primarily within its B2C world. 64percent of its users consider Pinterest as a platform to discover ideas, products, services, and ideas they believe in. Find more statistics below:
- Pinterest has over 300 million active members. (Pinterest)
- Seventy-one percent of 71% of Pinterest customers are women. (macrotrends)
- Seventy-seven percent of weekly pinners have come across a new product or brand on the platform. (Pinterest)
- Ninety-eight percent of active users have reported looking at new items they discover on Pinterest. (Sprout Social)
- Eighty-three percent of active users have bought something from the content they found on Pinterest. (Hootsuite)
- The median age is 40; however, most enthusiastic users have ages younger than 40. (Statistica)
- 28percent of marketing professionals utilize Pinterest. (Oberlo)
- 89% of users use Pinterest when deciding what they want to buy. (Pinterest)
- Fifty percent of users have purchased following a pin that was promoted. (Sprout Social)
Benefits of Social Media Statistics
Statistic on social media use can be handy when developing an effective strategy for marketing via social media strategy. There are many Social Media Marketing Companies in Chandigarh. The data from statistics will tell you what people are doing, what platforms they’re using, what type of content makes them convert, and the specific areas they are interested in. Due to this, they are a fantastic starting point for anyone looking to establish or expand the presence of their online social networks. Then, you can make your posts more specific according to the people you want to reach.
Regarding your customers, the statistics on social media can provide insights into the demographics of your customers. It could include age, gender, and more precise details like occupations and interests. This information is crucial to deciding how to create and present your message.
The Importance of Social Media Marketing
As more customers use social media, it’s not surprising that social media in marketing is now essential to a sound digital marketing plan. Social media is a way for brands to access cost-effective marketing interact with their target audience, and increase trust with their customers.
Increased Site Traffic
When you share content on social media, you’re providing users with an incentive to go to your site. This is why it’s crucial to produce content specifically tailored to your intended audience. Sharing and posting blog articles that address questions or offer insight into something your visitors face could lead to them clicking through and potentially becoming leads on your website.
Create Relationships with Your Target Audience
A company with a relationship with its customers can increase its revenue exponentially. When you build a connection with your target audience and customers, you’re telling them about your business’s activities and creating a trust for your business. Engaging with your customers by responding to their comments, mentions, and messages is possible. Social media platforms are also an excellent location to display favorable customer feedback.
Tell Your Story
Behind every successful business is a compelling story, and people are drawn to stories. People who don’t know about your business may consider your company more interesting when they understand the things you do and why you do it. They’ll be able to connect with your story on an individual scale, making your brand more memorable and likely to win their business.
Increase Brand Awareness
Social media could be the most effective platform for increasing your brand’s visibility. This can be achieved by creating visually appealing content that continuously reflects your company’s identity. The aim is to grab the interest of customers looking to purchase and ensure that your brand remains in their minds. This takes effort in creating attractive and exciting material regularly.
Social Media Strategy
If you’ve read these numbers and want to join in the action. If so, you’re in the right location! We examine social media and other digital marketing channels to create the best strategy for you according to your objectives. If you’d like to know more about this, get in touch with us right now!
Apart from that if you want to know about How to Leverage Social Media to Boost Holiday Sales then visit our Digital Marketing category.